About Sylvia Collard
I am a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT) with over 15 years experience in psychiatry. I started my carer as a Mental Health Nurse (RMN) in the NHS working in acute psychiatry. In 2005 I joined the Priory Hospital Group and went on to train as a psychotherapist in 2007. I was the lead trauma therapist and CBT therapist for The Priory Hospital Southampton until I decided to begin my own private practice in 2014.
During my time at The Priory, I led projects to set up treatment for specific disorders, this included group therapy, individual therapy for depression, anxiety and PTSD. I supervised other therapists and multidisciplinary team members.
I have a specialist interest in trauma and complex trauma.
Awards and Accreditations
- Accreditation from the BABCP (2010)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- RMN (registered mental health nurse)
- EMDR level 4 (highest level)
- MBCT (mindfulness-based cognitive therapy certificate)
- CFT (compassion focused therapy at advanced level)
If you are covered by private medical insurance I am registered with the following: